Join us for an enchanted evening of opera at Porgy and Bess and an exclusive reception to meet alumni from Wharton, Penn and other Ivy league schools.
Welcome by Stuart Murphy, Chief Executive of English National Opera
Friday 19th October 2018, 6.30pm
The Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess explores the relationships between members of a close-knit community in 1920s South Carolina.
More than 80 years after its premiere, Porgy and Bess receives its first ENO staging.
Written for a large cast, with a 40-voice chorus specially formed for this production, and full orchestra, Porgy and Bess is infused with unforgettable melodies, including the much-loved ‘Summertime’.
This is a stage work that is emotionally charged, powerful and moving, delivered through jazz, ragtime, blues and spirituals.
To discover more about the production, click here >>.
Friday 19 October 2018
- 6pm – Pre-reception backstage tour
- 6.30pm – Drinks and bowl food reception in The Ellis Room
- 7pm – Welcome from Stuart Murphy, Chief Executive of ENO
- 7.30pm – Curtain Up
- Interval – Drinks reception in The Ellis Room
- 10.30pm – Carriages
The drinks reception and backstage tour is complimentary. A block of seats have been reserved for the guests of this special event.
- Option 1 – £115 (Stalls row B – C)
- Option 2 – £99 (Dress Circle row E-G)
- Option 3 – £60 (Upper Circle row C-E)